Senior Account Manger, Silver Buck
Having a strong online presence is crucial for the success of any digital health company. As the healthcare industry becomes increasingly competitive, you need to ensure that your website is easily discoverable by search engines. This is where Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) comes into play.
So, what exactly is this mystical thing we call SEO?
SEO is all about optimising your website to improve its visibility and ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). When a user searches for a specific keyword or phrase related to digital health, the goal of SEO is to make sure that your website appears high up in the search results. The higher your website ranks, the more likely it is that users will click on your link, leading to increased organic traffic and potential customers.
Why your digital health company needs to invest in SEO
Implementing robust SEO practices can have several benefits for digital health companies. Firstly, it enhances your website’s visibility and increases its chances of being discovered by users who are actively searching for your products or services. This targeted traffic is more likely to convert into customers than general website visitors.
Secondly, SEO helps build credibility and authority for your brand. When your website consistently ranks high in search results, it signals to users that you are a trusted and reliable source of information in the digital health space. This can help establish trust and encourage the people who visit your website to engage with your content or to make a purchase/enquiry.
7 top tips to optimise SEO on your website
- First you need to identify the keywords and phrases that you think people are likely to search for in relation to your digital health product or service. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner or SEMrush’s keyword magic tool to find relevant keywords with high search volume but relatively low competition.
- Next you need to optimise your web pages by including the relevant keywords you’ve just researched in the page title, meta description, headings and throughout the content. The key is to maintain a natural flow and avoid ‘keyword stuffing’ otherwise it’s obvious that you’re just trying to feature higher up on search engines, and it makes you sound a bit like a robot
- Make sure you’re producing high-quality content regularly (through a blog, a thought leadership or a whitepaper). You need to produce informative and engaging content that addresses the needs and concerns of your target audience. You could also think about making videos that provide value and establish your expertise in the digital health field.
- Check whether your website is mobile-responsive and offers a seamless user experience across all devices. If it’s not, it’s worth getting it fixed as a lot of people will read your content in this way. You also need to consider the site speed and load time of the content on your website. Slow-loading websites can lead to higher bounce rates and put your visitors off which will negatively impact your SEO efforts.
- Think about how you can earn high-quality backlinks from reputable sources to improve your website’s authority. This could include guest posting or getting coverage in the press (some news websites will link back to your website).
- Make sure you’re promoting your content via your social media platforms to increase its visibility and drive traffic to your website (something we’re very good at here at Silver Buck!) Encourage social sharing by incorporating social media buttons on your web pages too.
- Continuously monitor your website’s performance using web analytics tools like Google Analytics so you can identify areas for improvement, adapt to algorithmic changes, and refine your SEO strategy accordingly.
SEO for digital health marketing success
SEO plays a significant role in the overall marketing success of digital health companies. By optimising your website and content for search engines, you can attract highly targeted organic traffic, reduce reliance on paid advertising, and increase brand visibility.
Do you need help with SEO, creating content or pushing it out on social media? Get in touch with the Silver Buck team today to find out more.
Are you looking for some help with your PR and marketing?