PatientSource appointed Silver Buck in April 2019, to provide a bespoke package of PR and marketing services. This initial twelve-month contract set-out three main objectives:
(1) to strengthen the PatientSource brand;
(2) to give PatientSource a competitive edge;
(3) to put PatientSource in the spotlight.
As a start-up, the EPR provider needed branding that reflected its range of innovative clinical software solutions, messaging that resonated with its target audiences and content that would raise awareness of its success in deploying these solutions in the NHS and overseas.
To kick-off, Silver Buck hosted a messaging workshop. We often use messaging workshops as a vehicle to broadening our understanding of newly-acquired clients, their unique selling points, and how their solutions compare with others in the market.
Having unearthed evidence that could substantiate the benefits of PatientSource, and by gaining a complete understanding of their customers, products and how they would be positioned alongside their competitors, we were then able to plan a series of PR and marketing activities that would help us to meet our objectives.
On the back of the messaging workshop, Silver Buck collated a strategy that would focus on:
- Refreshing the PatientSource brand, including the development of new branding guidelines, logo and tagline and photography, in keeping with PatientSource’s innovative clinical software solutions.
- Redeveloping the PatientSource website in line with the new branding guidelines and messaging.
- Producing a series of case studies, press releases and thought leadership articles to improve reference-ability and recognition.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for PatientSource to respond to industry news announcements to help position the company as a thought-leader.
- Managing PatientSource social media accounts to maximise the reach of PatientSource interactions and engagement.
- Developing a sales battlecard, multimedia content and infographics, to showcase PatientSource’s unique selling points and better engage audiences.
Over the course of a twelve-month working relationship, Silver Buck successfully oversaw the PatientSource brand refresh, website re-development and the production of marketing collateral.
- Lead generation resulting in a “733% return on investment”
- Developing and launch of PatientSource’s Clinical Leadership Panel
- Growing Patient Source’s social media following by 2400% and creating an engagement rate of 6.79% on LinkedIn (above industry average).
- National media coverage in the Daily Express, as well as a live television-slot for PatientSource CMO and Founder, Dr Michael Brooks, on BBC News.
- Coverage in leading trade press publication Digital Health within two weeks of the partnership and other leading trade-press publications, such as Building Better Healthcare, Healthcare IT News and the Journal of mHealth.
A continued relationship
Moving forwards, Silver Buck continues to work with PatientSource as the company moves into the next stages of its development.
Lee Francis, International Sales Director at Patient Source said: “I just ‘happened’ on Silver Buck Co-Founder Sarah Bruce’s LinkedIn profile and, immediately impressed with Sarah’s work history, I reached out, which led to Co-Founder Stephen’s equally impressive profile.”
“Very quickly an initial game plan was set, with the entire Silver Buck team supporting and helping me to bring the rest of PatientSource into alignment with what it would take to win in this ultra-competitive market.”
“There has always been a perfect fusion of PatientSource and Silver Buck: in our org chart we show them as the marketing team as they operate as an extension of our organisation.”
“As I reflect on our first year, I am exceptionally impressed with the collection of marketing assets I have, which will endure and serve for years. Silver Buck has set new horizons for us, drawing on their decades of experience, painting the path for us whilst we get on doing what we’re good at: building world class patient record systems.”