Silver Buck has started the year off strong by appointing a brand-new Silver Buccaneer to its advisory board: Hassan Chaudhury.
Hassan leads Digital Health at Healthcare UK, at the Department for International Trade (DIT) with a global role advising DIT commercial teams in over 100 UK embassies. He is a Director at Vita Healthcare, a mentor for the NHS Innovation Accelerator, co-chair of the PM Society Diversity Interest Group, and holds an Honorary Research post at Imperial College London.
Upon his appointment, Chaudhury said: “I believe great health tech innovation needs great communicators behind it to ensure key decision-makers and end-users know about it so it can make the most impact. With a reputation as the best specialist health tech PR company in the country, Silver Buck is known for helping suppliers to cut through the noise and make a real difference, so it was an easy decision to accept a position on its advisory panel.
“I’m excited to join such a prestigious panel of advisors. The other Buccaneers are people that I look up to and I will enjoy working with them. I hope that I can bring a new focus to the advisory board discussions drawing on my expertise in real–world data as well as insight into the global landscape.”
Silver Buck will introduce Chaudhury to the wider group during the first Buccaneers’ meeting of the week which will cover using digital health tech to manage the second wave and help with vaccine distribution. The Silver Buccaneer meetings occur on a bi-monthly basis to discuss key developments related to digital health and social care and to consider how communications can overcome specific challenges within the industry and for Silver Buck’s clients.
Steve Bryant, Director and Co-founder of Silver Buck, said: “Each of our Buccaneers bring fresh ideas and perspectives from different parts of the health and social care industry and Hassan is no exception. He has an incredible reputation as being one of the most well-connected influencers but he also has an unrivalled depth and understanding of how to work with and coach suppliers that are entering new markets both domestically and internationally. We’re extremely fortunate to have him join the team and look forward to working closely together.”
He joins the previous group of prolific changemakers, which has existed since the inception of Silver Buck in 2018, including:
- Director of Innovation, Boots UK (Chair)
- Head of AI Imaging, NHS AI Lab, NHSX
- Director of Primary Care and System Transformation at NHS England and NHS Improvement
- CEO, Digital Health Intelligence
- Clinician and Digital Health Adviser
- Featured in the Financial Times’s list of 100 most influential BAME tech leaders in 2019
- Senior Programme Manager, University of Oxford
- Co-Founder of the Shuri Network
- Appointed first black female CCIO in 2012
- Launchpad Lead and NHS Navigator, DigitalHealth.London
- Digital Medicine Innovation Lead, Imperial College London
- Royal Society of Medicine podcast host
- Head of Market Development, Cellen
- Featured in Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2018