Role: Account Manager
Location: London, Victoria / remote
Who are we?
Silver Buck is the fastest-growing, leading PR and marketing communications agency in digital health.
Our clients operate in the booming world of health tech and include game-changing start-ups through to large listed companies working in areas such as AI and digital cancer care.
We’re an outgoing, friendly team at Silver Buck who are passionate about providing excellent support to our clients, collaborating and maintaining the highest professional integrity. Our company culture supports quick career progression and opportunity for the brightest minds.
Organisations love working with us because we’re proactive, curious, and personable. We think and act creatively and we’re not afraid to ask difficult questions to deliver tangible results.
Who are you?
We’re looking for a motivated, passionate and experienced account manager to join our growing team of exceptional people. We need a forward-thinker who can work under their own steam,
You’ll support the day-to-day management of some of our small-mid sized accounts, as well as taking responsibility for specific workstreams on larger accounts to oversee the delivery of project work, ensuring that objectives are achieved and deadlines are met.
You will also be responsible for the line-management of account executives, working with them to deliver impactful PR and marketing services across multiple client accounts.
It’s a hands on role and you’ll be ready to get stuck in from day one.
That sounds like me, what experience do I need to have?
- At least one years’ experience working as an account manager or 2 years’ experience as a senior account executive within an agency environment or equivalent in-house role
- Solid understanding of PR and digital marketing within a B2B environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in building and maintaining strong customer relationships, either internal or external
- Excellent track-record of meeting deadlines and delivering work to a high-standard
- Excellent writing, editing and pitching skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in analysing and measuring PR and marketing activity
- Ability to contribute ideas to new business proposals
- Calm under pressure and highly-organised
- Willingness to work ‘hands on’ across all areas of the business
It’s also beneficial, but not mandatory, to have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the digital health/healthcare/tech industry
- Hands-on experience of media relations with proven experience of building relationships with journalists
Tell me more! What will I do day-to-day?
- Ensure work is delivered to a high-standard, taking into account client strategies and objectives
- Manage the small-mid sized client accounts and ensure tactical work is executed by yourself or delegated to other team members to agreed deadlines, including the creation of compelling content for different audiences.
- Nurture relationships with key media contacts
- Create, manage and strengthen relationships with clients
- Oversee the development of direct reports and help them to maximise their potential within the company
- Remain up-to-date with developments, policies and competitor activity in the healthcare and health tech sectors
- Deputise for senior account managers/account directors during meetings, calls, events etc, as required
- Play an active role supporting the wider team with ideas generation, proposal writing, quotes
- Help devise and execute ideas to help raise the profile of Silver Buck amongst key audiences
Sounds great, what are the benefits?
- Competitive salary that is based on experience and industry standards, with remuneration regularly reviewed as part of company and individual performances
- Hybrid working – a blend of remote and in office working, with plenty of opportunities to socialise and engage with colleagues
- Flexible working – we recognise that everyone has personal commitments and preferences on when they’re most productive so we work to support you the best we can
- Options for fast-tracking career progression
- 25 days holiday each year plus public holidays
- Regular social events for the Silver Buck team, and additional opportunities for networking with clients, partners and company friends
- Contribution to the company’s pension scheme
The salary band for this role is £33,000-£45,000 DOE
I’m keen! How do I apply?
Great, we can’t wait to hear from you! Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stephen@silver-buck.com and we’ll go from there.